Government Advances in Statistical Programming (GASP!) Workshop
September 23 @ 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Call for presenters: Government Advances in Statistical Programming (GASP!) Workshop
We invite abstracts for a workshop focused on statistical programming for government applications to be held at the Bureau of Labor Statistics in Washington DC on September 23, 2019.
Themes will include:
– R applications in the government
– Data science in R, python, or other open source languages and environments
– Big data and official statistics
– Open source software for official statistics
– Shiny servers and applications
– Text analysis applications
– Anything interesting and helpful to government R and open-source developers
We plan to have sessions with 20-minute talks, lightning talks (5-10 minutes), and keynote/plenary talks. Demonstrations are welcome. We may be able to offer some presentations as webinars.
Submit an abstract to be considered for the program. Presenters from either government or non-government affiliations are welcome. Email the following information to Mike Jadoo (Jadoo.Michael@bls.gov) by August 20, 2019. We will notify you by August 23th if your abstract is accepted for the program.
Title and abstract
Type of talk: Regular (20-minute), or lightning talk (5-10minutes)
Contact info: Name, affiliation/employer, email, and phone number